Q: How do I book a workshop or event?
A: When browsing the workshops available on this website, clicking on the booking button will take you to the Eventbrite ticketing website for that event.
When purchasing tickets for workshops, select buy tickets and click on the workshop date. This will display all available morning and afternoon workshops for that date.
Once you have selected the correct workshop, you will be able to add more workshops to your cart - you can book multiple tickets for multiple children in the one transaction.
Follow the instructions to complete payment via credit card or Paypal. Please make note of the terms & conditions.
Once you have been issued your tickets, please print and bring along a copy of each ticket to streamline the sign-in process on the day of the workshop.
Please get in touch if you have any difficulty making a booking. We can accept Direct Deposit to pay for phone bookings.
Q: Do I need to purchase a parent ticket?
A: No. When purchasing a ticket through Eventbrite, please complete the details of the participating child.
Q: Do you charge a booking fee on ticket purchases?
A: No. We happily absorb all third-party booking fees, so all you pay is the advertised price!
Q: How does the workshop run?
A: Participants arrive at the venue 10 minutes prior to start time with a parent or guardian to sign in (with a printed copy of payment receipt/ticket) and receive a name-tag at the registration desk. The workshop tutor will collect students from the registration area at the workshop start time. At the end of the workshop, students will be returned to the registration area to be signed-out. All students will remain with the teacher or organisers until collected. If you will be late to collect your child, please contact us.
Q: Can parents/guardians stay for the workshops?
A: Parents and guardians are generally welcome to drop in and out of the workshop classrooms throughout the session, however please confer with the organisers or tutors at the time to ensure it does not interfere with the lesson.
Q: What does my child need to bring on the day?
A: Students need to bring printed confirmation of payment/ticket to assist with sign-in. Individual workshop requirements are listed under each workshop description, but generally, it is a good idea to bring a fully-stocked pencil case and a notebook or something to write on. Comfortable, casual clothing is encouraged (although we also welcome students dressing up in costumes related to their workshop theme!). Small snacks and drinks are allowed, but please note: STRICTLY NO NUTS or PRODUCTS THAT MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS due to allergy concerns.
Q: Do you have a cancellation policy?
A: Yes! For detailed information about cancellations and other policies including behaviour management, see our policies page.
FACEBOOK VIDEO 'COMMENT TO WIN' PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The "Promoter" is Core Creative Education (ABN: 76606239374).
3) Entry is only open residents in the state of Queensland, Australia aged 18 years or over.
4) Individuals must have a. Facebook account to be eligible to submit an entry.
5) Promotion commences on 11/02/2017 and ends at 7:00pm AEST on the 18/02/2017.
6) To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period: Comment on the video competition post on Facebook and list three items that are displayed in Professor Kellywinkle's dungeon.
7) Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8) Only one (1) entry per person per person.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
10) The draw will take take place at the Promoters head office (175 Jubilee Terrace, Bardon, QLD, 4065) on 18/02/2017 at 8:00pm. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
11) The winners name will be published in the comments of the Competition Post, and notified via Facebook Message and asked to provide an email address in order for the prize to be distributed. If the winner does not contact the Promoter to claim the prize before 11:59pm on the 21/02/2017, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next reserve entrant.
12) The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) The first valid entry drawn will win 1 x ticket to the Tournament of their choice during the Wizarding World Weekend in Brisbane on 4th and 5th March 2017. The ticket is valued at $55.00.
14) The prize is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15) Entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their name in the comments section of the Competition Post in the event they are drawn as winner.
16) Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including, but not limited to, comments, recordings and images ("Content"). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
17) The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion if the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
18) Any cost associated with accessing the internet in relation to the Promotion is the responsibility of the entrant.
19) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20) Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking, redemption and/or use of a prize.
21) Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
GENERAL ATTENDANCE POLICY
If you choose to cancel attendance at a workshop/event, full refunds will only be provided if the cancellation is made seven days prior to the scheduled start date.
Late cancellations (up to 24 hours prior to the commencement of the workshop/event) will be refunded 50% of the ticket price.
Core Creative Education Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel any workshop/event if the registrations do not reach minimum number requirements. In this event, you will be notified and a full refund will be provided.
Non-Attendance or Missed Workshop/Event
There is no refund or credit if an attendee misses a scheduled workshop/event due to any reason.
If an attendee is unable to attend a workshop/event due to illness, a 50% refund will be provided on the receipt of a doctor’s certificate. Alternatively, credit (to the same value) to attend an alternative workshop/event will be provided (this alternative workshop/event may also be at an alternative venue and date).
Core Creative Education aims to foster an atmosphere of learning, and in the event that an attendee's behaviour becomes disruptive, their nominated contact will be immediately informed and the attendee may be removed from the program.
In this event, no refund will be provided.
Allergies and Medical Conditions
If an attendee has been diagnosed with an allergy that puts him/her at risk of anaphylaxis, you must provide Core Creative Education Pty Ltd with a current Action Plan signed by a doctor and with an up-to-date photo attached prior to the commencement of the program. This can be scanned and emailed to Core Creative Education Pty Ltd.
If an attendee has been prescribed an auto injector, an in-date Epi Pen or Anapen must be brought to the workshop/event. An attendee cannot be admitted to a program if he/she does not have an auto injector or if it is out of date. This is the case whether the attendee has had any anaphylactic episodes or not.
In an emergency, if an attendee requires medical assistance, it is understood that Core Creative Education staff will take whatever steps are necessary to treat or seek treatment for the attendee.
Please note: We regret that Core Creative Education Pty Ltd staff are unable to dispense medication, except in an emergency.
Any personal information collected through the registration process will only be used by Core Creative Education Pty Ltd in order to discharge its duty of care in the delivery of the workshops. For full details on the use and disclosure of personal information, please see below.
Photography and Video Release
Photographs and visual and audio recordings may be taken of an attendee and/or their work as a participant of Core Creative Education workshops/events. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you consent to visual & audio recordings / photos / other images of attendees and/or their work, in whole or in part, being used by Core Creative Education Pty Ltd for a variety of promotional activities, communications, publications and archival works, to be distributed and/or to be made available for download via print, social media, online (such as publicly accessible sites) and/or other communication tools, for an undefined period of time and may be displayed in a public environment (in Queensland, interstate and/or internationally);
Core Creative Education Pty Ltd will not use any names in any resulting publication without express permission.
If you do not wish for Core Creative Education Pty Ltd to take any visual & audio recordings / photos / other images of the attendees and/or their work, please notify Core Creative Education Pty Ltd by phone or email prior to attendance at a scheduled workshop/event.
Collection of your personal information
We collect and securely store the information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way.
Information collected on this website may include:
Any details you provide us as part of the Core Creative Education registration process;
Any messages or comments you email us which may include personal information;
Your email address if you subscribe to our mailing list;
Information you provide if you participate in an online survey;
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use this information for the following purposes:
To enable your child’s registration and attendance at workshops/events;
To enable Core Creative Education to discharge its duty of care in the delivery of workshops/events;
To respond to your requests;
To enable entry to competitions at Core Creative Education workshops/events that your child may want to participate in;
To communicate with you about the registered workshop (eg. notification of cancellation or changes to a workshop/event);
To communicate in relation to a request for refunds;
To provide you with promotional information, in accordance with privacy laws, about our products and services;
To provide direct marketing through newsletters if you subscribe to our mailing list;
To record details of your visit to our website, such as traffic data (see Website Analytics).
Core Creative Education does not disclose your personal information to any third parties.
Security of your personal information
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices, and when you visit these sites you should read their respective privacy statements.
Accessing your personal information
Phone:0408 990 273